Monday, November 21, 2011

Book Drum


Would you like to see what women’s bathing suits looked like a hundred years ago? Watch antique mahogany boats zipping about? Listen to popular ragtime tunes? Then visit the profile for my novel, The Summer Before the Storm, on Book Drum, which uses annotations (Bookmarks) to enhance the reading experience.

I had immense fun choosing photos, videos, and music to “illustrate” various aspects of the novel, thereby providing more depth or ancillary information. Some of these I already use in my PowerPoint presentation, “Fact in Fiction”, so I’m excited that they’re now available to the world!

As setting is an important aspect of Book Drum, my profile also becomes advertising for Muskoka, since it is the principle focus for this novel. Already one of the key people from Book Drum has commented on the “incredible setting”.

I’m planning to spend days immersed in the rich and extensive annotations of Hemingway’s, A Moveable Feast, which I’m using for my own research into 1920s Paris. So a word of warning - this site is addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muskoka

Muskoka
my inspiration for a series of novels - visit theMuskokaNovels.com for more info

Goodreads Ratings

Gabriele Wills's books on Goodreads
The Summer Before The StormThe Summer Before The Storm
reviews: 2
ratings: 8 (avg rating 4.50)

ELUSIVE DAWNELUSIVE DAWN
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

MOON HALLMOON HALL
ratings: 4 (avg rating 4.50)

A Place to Call HomeA Place to Call Home
ratings: 4 (avg rating 4.00)